Welcome to the website of the Edinburgh Hospitalité and Pilgrimage Committees.
Please note that the Diocesan Lourdes Day which was planned for Sunday 27 May has been cancelled due to circumstances outwith our control.
PRACTICAL PREPARATION DAY
Due to a lack of demand, the weekday preparation sessions have been cancelled. The only practical preparation session will be held on Sunday 3 June 2018. Click here for full details. By now helpers should have received a letter advising of their own start time. Brand new helpers are required at 9.30 and existing helpers are required at 10.15.
The Hospitalité is a registered Charity. The Hospitalité Committee is comprised of volunteers and each committee member is elected on bi-yearly basis. Their role is to keep the spirit of Lourdes alive all year round. Some of their tasks include:
- Arranging Lourdes Masses and ceremonies in the Archdiocese
- Arranging social gatherings
- Allocating any grants or funding that may be available for volunteers
- Promoting Lourdes through talks and presentations
The Pilgrimage Committee is responsible for the practical arrangements relating to the organisation of the Pilgrimage. Some of their duties include:
- Liaising with the Travel Agent
- Liaising with the Lourdes Authorities
- Planning the programme
- Recruitment, Safeguarding and Preparation of helpers
- Overseeing the operation of the Pilgrimage and care of assisted pilgrims whilst in Lourdes
- Continuous improvement and review